just informational leaking float needle

1 reply to this topic
  • strtdsmallproject

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:32 AM

I had the same problem as others on this site lately. I had a leaking float needle. My carb would overflow slowly and on rough fast races i would run out of gas. before i tore apart the carb for the 3rd time to adjust the float i went ahead and bought a new needle. While i had the carb apart i tried to pull the seat out. It didnt happen. i drilled some small holes into the outside of the seat and tried to pry it up. I couldnt get it to budge. I gave up and just replaced the needle, gave the carb a good cleaning and put it back together. No leaking problem as of now. Only gave it a quick run at the house track. Im going to give it a good test this weekend at the Craig Morgan Charity ride.:eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 02, 2011 - 03:26 PM

I had the same problem as others on this site lately. I had a leaking float needle. My carb would overflow slowly and on rough fast races i would run out of gas. before i tore apart the carb for the 3rd time to adjust the float i went ahead and bought a new needle. While i had the carb apart i tried to pull the seat out. It didnt happen. i drilled some small holes into the outside of the seat and tried to pry it up. I couldnt get it to budge. I gave up and just replaced the needle, gave the carb a good cleaning and put it back together. No leaking problem as of now. Only gave it a quick run at the house track. Im going to give it a good test this weekend at the Craig Morgan Charity ride.:eek:

The seat comes out if you use a slide hammer.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.