Amsoil?

1 reply to this topic
  • MGR8

Posted June 08, 2001 - 06:32 AM

Has anyone used Amsoil? I understand that it doesn't have fiction modifiers (wet clutch compatable). I used it in my YZ250 with good luck. It is a little expensive...5.50per Qt.. What weight?...10W40 or 20W50 would you suggest? First oil change after about 3 to 4 hours break in. Lots of trash (looks more like clutch plate material) in the filter..is that normal for first change? I am assuming so. Thanks for any help.

Brian Williams
MGR8

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SUnruh

Posted June 08, 2001 - 08:09 AM

i run Amsoil 20w50 Motorcycle Specific in my yz250f. i have since the 5th oil change. that was a long time (and 8 races ago). i have a picuture in the yz250f pics section of my oil report analysis that i had done. i really feel that in my first race this year, the Amsoil saved my clutch. we had 5 bikes not finish the first lap becuase of clutch problems (most of them 400/426's) and my friend that used yamalube 4r totally trashed his 426 clutch to the point of needing a new basket, hub and full clutch pack.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.