Posted August 01, 2011 - 07:52 PM

awesome? :smirk:

• tcrough

Posted August 01, 2011 - 08:00 PM

awesome? :smirk:

:p

• kawi380

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:04 AM

You are a braver man that I, I would never trail ride without full wrap hand guards. I can guarantee on the first ride out I would be riding back to the truck with a broken clutch lever:foul:

Looks good.:eek: What did you go with on the suspenders??

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:19 AM

You are a braver man that I, I would never trail ride without full wrap hand guards. I can guarantee on the first ride out I would be riding back to the truck with a broken clutch lever:foul:

Looks good.:eek: What did you go with on the suspenders??

They are coming.......

I've got ESP valving w/ 6.0 rear, and ASR valving with .50 front.

It's pretty under-whelming, so far. The front is acceptable. Not sure about the rear yet. Neither are not following terrain very well at this point.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted August 02, 2011 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image

Lookin good:thumbsup:

I noticed you have your Scotts Damper mounted on top. I am going to pull my Scotts off my 426 for now and mount it on my 450 until I buy another and I was trying to decide on the submount or top mount. My 426 has the submount and I really like it but I have the low rise Carmichael Pro Tapers and its still a little low. My 450 has the KTM/Factory Suzuki Pro Tapers which have more rise, I was just worried about it being too much with the submount but I'm still leaning towards it. I'm about 5'9"

Any thoughts?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 03, 2011 - 10:57 AM

Lookin good:thumbsup:

I noticed you have your Scotts Damper mounted on top. I am going to pull my Scotts off my 426 for now and mount it on my 450 until I buy another and I was trying to decide on the submount or top mount. My 426 has the submount and I really like it but I have the low rise Carmichael Pro Tapers and its still a little low. My 450 has the KTM/Factory Suzuki Pro Tapers which have more rise, I was just worried about it being too much with the submount but I'm still leaning towards it. I'm about 5'9"

Any thoughts?

At 5'9" the submount and higher bars will probably be too much.
I like a more aggressive (low) stance on my WR.
On my KX, the bars are up 1.5" from stock, and if feels right. It's a very tall bike.....

• kawi380

Posted August 04, 2011 - 05:17 AM

At 5'9" the submount and higher bars will probably be too much.
I like a more aggressive (low) stance on my WR.
On my KX, the bars are up 1.5" from stock, and if feels right. It's a very tall bike.....

I have the scotts and BRP submount on my crf450x with renthal CR HI fat bars. I is way too tall for me and I am 5'10", I have lowers bars but have yet to install them. When I got the wr I mounted the over the bar GPR mount I had for my YZ with the renthal CR HI fat bars and love the setup. Seems just right for me.

• kawi380

Posted August 04, 2011 - 05:18 AM

They are coming.......

I've got ESP valving w/ 6.0 rear, and ASR valving with .50 front.

It's pretty under-whelming, so far. The front is acceptable. Not sure about the rear yet. Neither are not following terrain very well at this point.

I remember the stock stuff being almost dangerous for me. It was a night and day difference changing the stuff out.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 04, 2011 - 05:21 AM

I remember the stock stuff being almost dangerous for me. It was a night and day difference changing the stuff out.

Yeah, I have yet to get it up to speed for a real test. My 'local testing facility' is so grown over that I can't even find the entrance to most of the corners unless I crawl up to them. I will try the local 'rockpile' very soon.

• Derwud

Posted August 05, 2011 - 05:23 AM

The only real issue I had with my '07 was the front tire. It could be set-up better for whoops, but I don't want to go over those as fast as I use to on my YZ.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.