2009 yz450f Drd SS system review (My little review)

4 replies to this topic
  • rcdude33

Posted August 01, 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys hows everything going?

Well i just put on my new Drd exhaust for my 2009 yz450f. The bike is completely stock except for a skid plate and radiator braces.

Well first off as you all know that yamaha has designed a muffler that just ruined a lot of the snappy power out of the yz450f. Some say the bike felt very mellow. But i didnt think the stock setup wasnt too bad but i could tell the bike was choked up. But you cant beat the reliability of a Yamaha.:smirk:

I didnt get to ride the bike much since it was getting dark and my sprockets are worn out.

Now the pipe was very easy to install, he gives you a star allen wrench( for repacking purposes), a spark arrester, a 8mm(shorter) bolt for mounting the pipe, and a Drd sticker.

Now the first start and i realized right off the bat the bike was a lot louder. And it had that deep crack to it when you twist the throttle. And i when on my little test track and i'll tell you what the bike is completely different!!!
The bottom end was awesome and the mid and top was great. The bike would pull a wheelie at idle in 2nd gear no problem. One thing thats nice is if you have to lug the bike you can run a gear higher and when you hit the throttle the bike just takes off!!!!

And the bike also sounds a lot of crisper, but it may need a jet change and the clip raised up, but it doesnt run bad at all for just slapping the system on and riding it.

Thats all i got for now guys, i still got to get out and do a few hour ride on it to really see how she performs.

If i were to give this exhaust a rating out of 10, it would be a 10/10! If you want a good performing pipe that make you yz450f fly, then the Dr.d is pipe for you!!!

Thanks guys and sorry for the essay!!! Also if you got any questions feel free to ask

God bless

Alex

• blakers213

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:59 AM

Yeah I ride track only and I can tell my 09 is a dog in low RPM's. I'm no speed demon but I see guys like in a rhythm section and they can roll some of them and hit the throttle and double out of the section and I will case it everytime due to lack of low end power. So I know I need a pipe and exhaust can. I have cut the two cones out but it did not help at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted August 02, 2011 - 01:29 PM

Pretty well written for a 16 year kid!

• rcdude33

Posted August 02, 2011 - 02:24 PM

Yeah I ride track only and I can tell my 09 is a dog in low RPM's. I'm no speed demon but I see guys like in a rhythm section and they can roll some of them and hit the throttle and double out of the section and I will case it everytime due to lack of low end power. So I know I need a pipe and exhaust can. I have cut the two cones out but it did not help at all.

I didnt cut the cones out, but at first was because it was cheap and free, but after i heard it doesnt do much, i was like im going with the Dr.d. lol

• rcdude33

Posted August 02, 2011 - 02:24 PM

Pretty well written for a 16 year kid!

Thanks man!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.