To Hot Cam or not to hot cam?

23 replies to this topic
  • Yamaryder29

Posted September 05, 2011 - 01:37 PM

Check your timing

• sid_125_04

Posted September 05, 2011 - 04:16 PM

yeh im going to tomorrow after work. Now when i put the cams in my dumb a$$ dropped a shim down the freeking timing chain.......i got it but i had to pull the fly wheel and i think the woodroff key got sheared so well see.......i know the timing was set right i checked the manual it was right......How easy is it to break a timing chain?:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sid_125_04

Posted September 06, 2011 - 04:49 PM

And it RUNS!!!!! I had the timing correct and the key didn't shear off......i cleaned the carb again and disconnected all the molex plugs and cleaned them and put it back together and she fired up......didnt get to ride it cuz weather sux in ohio right now.......and it was dark....ill post again after i get some time with my new cams..:)

• sid_125_04

Posted September 10, 2011 - 05:55 AM

OK iv been riding all week with the new cams on my little track and trails and they did what hot cams said it would more top end pull and mid range with a smooth duration of power delivery i love em....works great my recommendation is do them both at the same time and order them as a set as it will save you money. And with the bk mod no bog.....the only negative i feel and its probably just me but some bottom end is gone....Anyone doing a winter 426 rebuild i would put this at the top of my list :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.