Lake Elsinore this Sunday!

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2001 - 06:15 AM

Anyone planning on riding at the track this Sunday. I'll be there. Look for a yellow YZ400 on the main track. I'll be wearing Blue shorts and red braces.

------------------
Khris
When in doubt, GAS IT!
What are you, YELLOW?
If it's dirty, I do it and think it!!

• MotoGreg

Posted June 08, 2001 - 10:21 AM

My girlfriend is out of town so I'm getting plenty of riding in. I went yesterday from 5-8pm and I'm going again Saturday evening.... come to think of it, I might as well go again Sunday afternoon as well. Maybe I'll see you there. By the way, they changed it a little since last weekend, now there is a super long table top that launches you straight up right in front of the tower, I don't think I'll be making that one, it's kind of long. Also, the double just before you go over the hunchback hill has been chopped down, I guess that is where the fatality was last week.

------------------
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I never ride it so you should buy it...)
'99 YZ400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 08, 2001 - 11:40 AM

I'm really sad to hear about that death. It's too bad it took a serious injury for them to do something about that jump. I tried it when they 1st put it in and went over the bars. It's a tiny jump but for some reason I couldn't get over that thing. It seemed like a majority of the people rolled that one. I love the rythem section in the middle if it's still there. That corner, double, table, double, double, big table. It's fun to make it through that. I was last there 2 weekends ago and the straight infront of the tower had 3 tables. The 1st one sucked, it was tiny and always launched you into an endo in the air unless you hit it with major body english to keep the bike level. Keep an eye out for me on Sunday, Yellow bike, Blue shorts, Red Asterisk braces. I'll be driving a Red Explorer with a pretty big lift towing a trailer.

------------------
Khris
When in doubt, GAS IT!
What are you, YELLOW?
If it's dirty, I do it and think it!!

• KIRK

Posted June 08, 2001 - 12:41 PM

Motogreg what is it like riding at LEMP from 5-8pm, does it cool down enough to be comftorable, is the track still being watered, and does it get busy with the after five workers. I ride there ferquently, mostly mornings midweek. I'd be up for sunday morning, after I get off work.

• MotoGreg

Posted June 08, 2001 - 04:14 PM

Afternoons in the summer are nice. It isn't very crowed, you get some people after they get off work but it's not busy at all. I have every other Thursday off work so I went all last summer. Two Thursdays ago when I went McGrath was there riding until almost dark. They still water when it needs it regardless of the time of day.

------------------
'92 GSXR 7/11 (But I never ride it so you should buy it...)
'99 YZ400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.