DIrt inside valve cover !!

2 replies to this topic
  • tvawr450

Posted September 06, 2003 - 08:11 PM

I had my valve cover off the other day to check my valve clearances , which wre still bang on after the initial break in adjustment, but I did notice some small bits of dirt right where the crankcase breather hose attaches. Has anyone else noticed this if so, has anyone done any sort of mod to prevent this?? I do not like dirt getting into the engine of an $8000.00 bike or any bike for that matter.. :D :)

Thanks for any input

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 07, 2003 - 06:39 AM

Dirt also gets in at the rubber side covers on the cam cover. Normally it is a very small amount. The oil will pick it up and take it to the filter. It is impossible to keep dirt out of the engine. All dirt bike allow some small dirt and dust particles in through the vent hose and past the air filter and air intake. Do not worry about it. Just make sure it is not excessive. High temp silicone should do the trick for your issue if it is excessive. :)

• dominator426

Posted September 07, 2003 - 10:54 AM

Maybe a PCV valve could be installed in the crankcase vent hose to prevent this :)...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.