'01 Wr426 Should I buy??

8 replies to this topic
  • shu993

Posted September 06, 2003 - 09:19 AM

Hey all. I sold my WR250f about a year ago and kick myself regularly for it. My question is: My friend is selling his wr426 as is. He wrecked it and this is what it needs:
Head pipe is dented
bars are bent
clutch lever is broken
left side radiator is broken
left side rad. plastic proken
Rear brake lever broken

I know the bike had good maintenance and is mechanically sound. He wants $1500 as is.

Are there any quirks on the 426? Is there anything I should look for?

Thanks,

John

• TeamScream

Posted September 06, 2003 - 10:23 AM

I would go down there and buy that bike before he changes his mind, theres probably about $500.00 in parts required to fix it so you cant lose there.
Go get that bad boy!

• Math

Posted September 06, 2003 - 10:31 AM

I think it is a good deal specially because you know it as had good maintenance, it is somebody you trust and my... 1500 is pretty cheap!

Good luck!

• Fistfull

Posted September 06, 2003 - 07:38 PM

If you don't buy it, let me know the particulars, I WILL buy it!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 07, 2003 - 06:49 AM

That is a fantastic deal! :D Nice Buddy! :)

• Strick

Posted September 07, 2003 - 11:01 AM

I would buy that bike in a heartbeat. If the owner will meet me in Vegas, I'll buy it.

• oldbones

Posted September 07, 2003 - 11:33 AM

Nah, you don't want that bike. Really, you shouldn't buy it.

By the way, uh, what's your buddies phone number?

Jump on it. Fix it, ride it or sell it, you would come out ahead either way I think!

• shu993

Posted September 07, 2003 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
I am in the process of convincing the wife that it is a deal we should not pass up. A little creative financing and it should be a done deal.

Oh yeah my buddy's phone # is...................................................................I can't seem to remember it.

Thanks again for all info,

John

• Carlisle1972

Posted September 07, 2003 - 03:29 PM

I have some parts for you cheap check your PM

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.