Battery not charging

3 replies to this topic

Posted July 27, 2011 - 02:00 AM

Hello I have a 2000 wr 400 with Baja designs street legal kit. I have a new battery and it won t stay charged. It runs down in about 15 to 20 minutes. Can anyone help. Thanks

• William1

Posted July 28, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Did you put a meter on the battery after you fully charged it and let it sit for 30 minutes? What voltage did you get at idle? At 3,000 rpm?
Did you inspect the connections betweeen the stator regulator and harness?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 29, 2011 - 08:39 PM

yes fully charged battery, let it sit. Checked connections they are ok. I will check voltage tonight, thank you.

• maddshaggy

Posted July 30, 2011 - 06:33 AM

If you did not do this http://www.bajadesig... Stator Mod.pdf your battery will die with the lights on...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.