anyone have this problem? rear brake mc pulling apart

3 replies to this topic
  • vet45

Posted July 26, 2011 - 02:18 PM

2009 yz450f . i have had this happen three times now, twice in the same day. the plunger/washer/circlip come out of the rear master cylinder while riding (still attached and dangling from the rear brake pedal).
thew first time i thought it was a fluke, hit a rock or something but twice last sunday suggests a problem. circlip seemed normal as did the groove it sits in. does anyone know of an issue that would cause this?

• grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2011 - 03:35 PM

The only thing that comes to mind is that your brake fluid is overfilled and/or contaminated with water, but heat expanding the fluid to the extent that it would pop the clip out should at least cause some noticeable brake drag before that happened, I would think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vet45

Posted July 26, 2011 - 04:17 PM

thank you Greyracer, I was hoping you would have an opinion. perhaps your right (still hard to understand that heat could cause that to blow out). i bleed these brakes frequently as my (pro level) son has a tendency to boil the fluid alot. i know that both times this happened Sunday, i had filled the MC to the point that it overflowed when i dropped the rubber in. I assumed the rubber would compress if needed , didnt think i was overfilling. your thoughts?

• grayracer513

Posted July 26, 2011 - 05:41 PM

If the top seal/bellows was the right shape when it went in, what you did sounds right.

The rider's not yanking the lever with his foot or something, is he?

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.