2001 Pro Circuit T-4 pipe

3 replies to this topic
  • verge

Posted June 06, 2001 - 01:53 PM

Has anyone used a Pro Circuit T-4 pipe on a 2001 426 yet? I'm wondering how much difference changing the exhaust tip size, makes. They come with a 2" so I'm assuming by putting a smaller one on that you would increase the bottom end power. Also what's the power like Vs. the stock pipe? Idealy I want more bottom & mid without giving up much on top end.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 07, 2001 - 04:35 AM

I use one Complete system(pipe/header)& I like the performance gains. You will lose a little on top, but the bottom & middle ranges are awesome. I purchased both of the smaller end caps for my own tuning taste. The 2inch is worthless on anything other than flat out desert racing. If you shop smart you can find this for aroung 350-375bucks + the end caps. Another reason I bought due to cost, this is cheaper than most 4stroke pipes. Check with Westwood for 369.00 (Yes this pipe is a little loud, but where I ride noize is not issue & everyone heres me coming & going)there is a spark arrester if you want it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • verge

Posted June 07, 2001 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the advise. Did you have to re-jet after putting the pipe on? Does the spark arrestor screen effect the power at all?

Originally posted by Ga426owner:
I use one Complete system(pipe/header)& I like the performance gains. You will lose a little on top, but the bottom & middle ranges are awesome. I purchased both of the smaller end caps for my own tuning taste. The 2inch is worthless on anything other than flat out desert racing. If you shop smart you can find this for aroung 350-375bucks + the end caps. Another reason I bought due to cost, this is cheaper than most 4stroke pipes. Check with Westwood for 369.00 (Yes this pipe is a little loud, but where I ride noize is not issue & everyone heres me coming & going)there is a spark arrester if you want it.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 08, 2001 - 04:02 AM

No jetting needed......I do not have the spark arrester - this is used as a Moto Bike only.
I like the performance, cost, tapered headpipe, end cap tuning.
A few of us with 4strokes use the PC pipe in this area with positive results.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.