45 hours on 2011 YZ450F, time for a update look !

16 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted July 26, 2011 - 09:47 AM

With 45 hours on my -11 YZ450F , including both winter and summer riding plastic started to look a little worn and boring with scratches and some cracks on sidepanels.

So I gave my yami a well deserved clean and put some new plastic with -11 Rinaldi graphics.

Can also mention than not a single problem have accured on those 45 hours, so no complains yet !

Since I posted the first pictures of my bike back in januari I have mounted 270mm Braking frontdisc that improved braking alot over stock, also got new black wheels with magnesium hubs (not mounted on these pictures). I have also gone from Renthal Fatbar high bars to a lower Renthal Twinwallbar that made cornering a little better and easier to have agressive riding position. Has also put aside the Ohlins rearshock and now using stock KYB with updated GP-kit.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoying every minute on this bike ! :p:smirk:
Posted Image

• rickallen124

Posted July 26, 2011 - 11:12 AM

Which off-set are you using with the xtrig clamps? I know they let you choose between two on that clamp and just wondered what you found changing between the two. Nice bike.

• HRC

Posted July 26, 2011 - 12:13 PM

Which off-set are you using with the xtrig clamps? I know they let you choose between two on that clamp and just wondered what you found changing between the two. Nice bike.

I use the 22 stock offset, tried the 20 offset but did not feel it did any good to the chassi.

22 feels more stable and still turn good enough for me.

• jcm3

Posted July 26, 2011 - 01:13 PM

Wow, that looks fantastic. :smirk:

• downin

Posted July 26, 2011 - 02:39 PM

Looks perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• brentn

Posted July 26, 2011 - 04:54 PM

I hit 45 hours last weekend on my 2010, bought in September of last year, nice co-incidence!

My plastics are really really worn, and the engine is a nice dull brown color from all the mud over the last year, including anything else aluminum on the bike. Would love to update the plastics and what not, but I'm going to wait until winter. My winter riding is over, lol, I gave it a good 15 hours last year and it just wasn't worth it for me. So this year will be over-haul time :smirk:
I don't think I'm going to touch the engine this year, I'm going to wait until 100 hours. I have had no valve movement, and no indications that I'm running low on compression or for seeing any kind of catastrophic issues in the near future.
I will be going over the clutch, and I will be completely over-hauling the suspension on the bike for winter though.
These bikes kick ass, they are very well made and hold up very well. The engine is truly bullet proof if you maintain it, some people weren't too sure with the new engine design but there are many posts to prove that its working out.

• ah665

Posted July 26, 2011 - 07:44 PM

In all honesty, it really can't get any better than that. That thing is just nasty. Great job. I love it.

• Quernix

Posted July 26, 2011 - 10:54 PM

Are those Blackbird graphics? How makes those? Looks great!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jratcliffe3

Posted July 27, 2011 - 12:12 AM

Urrgh - odd handlebar grips, and the waffles are not straight on the renthal one :smirk:

• cowboyona426

Posted July 27, 2011 - 06:59 AM

I'm sporting some serious wood right now... that's flippin beautiful. I must have one!

• jcm3

Posted July 27, 2011 - 09:24 AM

Urrgh - odd handlebar grips, and the waffles are not straight on the renthal one :p

That's just distortion, or possibly your blood alcohol level is too high. :smirk:

• HRC

Posted July 27, 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thank you all for the nice words ! I appreciate it ! :p:smirk:

• HRC

Posted July 27, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Are those Blackbird graphics? How makes those? Looks great!!!

Blackbird is the real maker of the Rinaldi Monster team graphics but mine is actually a copy of them.

A Swedish graphic company have made them for me.

But Blackbird do sell this kit, try www.blackbirdracing.com

Here is a direct link to the rinaldi Monster kit: http://www.blackbird...y0tMjM3LTEtLS0=

• powers450f

Posted July 27, 2011 - 01:12 PM

Blackbird is the real maker of the Rinaldi Monster team graphics but mine is actually a copy of them.

A Swedish graphic company have made them for me.

But Blackbird do sell this kit, try www.blackbirdracing.com

Here is a direct link to the rinaldi Monster kit: http://www.blackbird...y0tMjM3LTEtLS0=

Looks like there sold out. I have an 11 that is need of a new look.:smirk:

• steve_97060

Posted August 06, 2011 - 09:33 PM

do you have the dimensions on the bars you are running, I am thinking about giving lower bars a try also..

Edited by steve_97060, August 06, 2011 - 10:21 PM.

• Theeebalz

Posted August 06, 2011 - 09:43 PM

so i assume your now whoring out your bike? should make some good money on it! because that is one ******* sexy bike!

• HRC

Posted August 06, 2011 - 10:43 PM

do you have the dimensions on the bars you are running, I am thinking about giving lower bars a try also..

Its Renthal TwinWall Handlebars , Bend: Carmichael MX (997).
But just so you know...these bars aint lower than stock bars, just lower then the Fat Bar I personally had in the beginning of the season.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.