clutch problem

21 replies to this topic
  • bulldog1331

Posted August 10, 2011 - 01:07 PM

You don't torque the clutch springs. The bolt bottoms at only a few pounds.

Actually, Krannie, my '09 manual says to torque the clutch spring bolts to 10Nm. I have no doubt that much past that will bottom the bolts, though.
OP, is it possible that the small ball bearing that sits between the washer cup and the push rod is missing? I also read that the push rod is slightly beveled at one end, and if put in backwards will cause a bit less of travel.

Edited by bulldog1331, August 10, 2011 - 01:08 PM.
spelling

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 10, 2011 - 03:36 PM

Actually, Krannie, my '09 manual says to torque the clutch spring bolts to 10Nm. I have no doubt that much past that will bottom the bolts, though.
OP, is it possible that the small ball bearing that sits between the washer cup and the push rod is missing? I also read that the push rod is slightly beveled at one end, and if put in backwards will cause a bit less of travel.

:eek::thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.