Photos

12 replies to this topic
  • ricky1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 12:59 PM

I have the pics on photopoint, and I have the ubb code from Brian, But I don't know what identifies my pic or where to enter it in the ubb code

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 YZ426
'00 YZ426 destroyed by fire in desert race 4/22/01
'81 490 Maico

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 06, 2001 - 01:03 PM

R1,
It is actually pretty simple.
Even a dummy like me can do it.
try this link . it explains everything in detail. http://www.geocities...ml?989115001570
Happy to answer any quest or maybe one of these cpu guru's can hep' ya'
:)
G4

• ricky1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 01:13 PM

http://albums.photop...&p=49945831&f=0

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 YZ426
'81 490 Maico

• ricky1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 01:14 PM

GOT IT!
http://albums.photop...5831&Sequence=0

Thanks G4
------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 YZ426
'81 490 Maico

[This message has been edited by ricky1 (edited 06-06-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 06, 2001 - 01:34 PM

Let me try to explain.
open the photograph on your web page
right click
left click on properties
copy the addr by left clicking and "blueing" the WHOLE addr. (make sure you copy it all)
then right click the "blue" address and left click COPY.
go to the TT page to your msg
type and "paste the addr here
wallla
it should appear
just make sure you don't have some sort of security settings on your picture page and make sure you copy the WHOLE address of the pix.
G4

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 06, 2001 - 01:36 PM

WOW
Can I have the fork seals?
Is that DUAL EXHAUST of some sort?
Looks like XR header!

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 06-06-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ricky1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 02:10 PM

G4 Exhaust is Big Gun SDS (single dual single), now out of production.(But I have one on my '01 426.

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 YZ426
'81 490 Maico

• ricky1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 02:16 PM

One more pic
http://albums.photop...5704&Sequence=0

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 YZ426
'81 490 Maico

• G-Man

Posted June 06, 2001 - 02:22 PM

Ricky1,
Wow that bike is now "Post Worthy" can I have it? :D How did it happen, were you checking if you had enough gas in the tank with a lighter? :) (I hope u know I'm joking, there are some "sensitive" people round these parts.

Posted Image

http://www.geocities.../Works_Post.jpg

G-Man

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 06-06-2001).]

• ricky1

Posted June 06, 2001 - 02:35 PM

This was posted on DRN some time ago.

Fire!
It didn't have to happen. I made some mistakes. I learned some things. I lost a $10,000+ bike. I am not hurt.
I was in a 100 mile desert race in Winnemucca, NV on 4/22/01. My third race ever. Just out of the pits, starting the second 50 mile loop I missed a turn. Heading back to the course, I came to the edge of a small ravine. I stopped, looked into the ravine and saw that it was filled with tumbleweeds. Having no experience with tumbleweeds I tried to ride through the ravine. The weeds were about 4 feet deep, and packed tight. I got stuck, and no amount of revving, clutching, and pushing would even move the bike. Suddenly there were small flames, right under my header pipe. I dropped the bike and tried to put the flames out with my hands. For about 2 seconds, I thought I had them out. Then POOF, they flared up again. About that time I realized that I was laying on a full oversized tank of gas, trying to put out a fire with my hands. Dumb. My brain said run, but I could only manage to crawl/swim through the dense tumbleweeds about 15 feet away, due to exhaustion. I rested for a few minutes, then realized I was not far enough away. I managed to get out of the ravine, and walked away. I couldn't bear to watch my bike burn. And burn it did, in a big way.
When I went back later to get the remains, two of us easily picked it up and "tossed" it into the back of a truck. I'll bet it didn't even weigh 125 lbs. Needless to say, there was nothing salvageable. I left the hulk with the guy who helped me recover it.
The fire burned up and down the ravine, about 200 feet, and went out. Thank God.
I had no injuries, only some singed hair on my face. Eyelashes, eyebrow, and mustache. Very lucky.
Did I have insurance? No. I hadn't gotten around to it. My only real concern was theft, which I thought I could prevent.
I think this is a very serious issue for four-stroke riders. The header can reach temp's near 800 degrees. I frequently smell burning brush while riding.
In hindsight, I could have prevented this. I should have shut off my bike, and cleared a path out of the weeds. Ahhh, hindsight

------------------
Rick Fuller
'01 YZ426
'81 490 Maico

• G-Man

Posted June 06, 2001 - 02:44 PM

Major bummer Rick, but yes that is a valuable lesson learned, glad you did not get hurt.

Yes I too have smelled something burning when brush gets caught up in the bike. I will now be extra careful and spread the word. Good to see it didn't get you down with the purchase of the 01!

Man's gotta have his priorities!~! :)

G-Man

• Dave_S

Posted June 06, 2001 - 03:11 PM

That is a gut wrenching twist of amazement, humor and dispair. Not necessarily in that order.

Wow dude, Bummer.

Sure makes for an interesting conversation piece!

Dave S

• Bill

Posted June 06, 2001 - 03:30 PM

Now, I know how woman can cry at a movie :)

That's terrible, glad you didn't get hurt :D

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, MX-Tech suspension, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.