Wierd Noise

4 replies to this topic
  • MY-BLUE-BEAST

Posted July 25, 2011 - 08:55 PM

Alright, on deceleration, there is a wierd noise coming from my bike, its not really a grinding noise, but more of a rubbing like metal to plastic. Nothing is rubbing, and my bearings are fine and it only happens on deceleration. Im kind of confused any info would be helpful thanks, :smirk:

• gscx

Posted July 25, 2011 - 09:02 PM

chain?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MY-BLUE-BEAST

Posted July 25, 2011 - 09:14 PM

i suppose it could be my chain, but it sounds like it is right underneath the gastank. but the chain is a good idea, ill oil it when i get some time

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 25, 2011 - 09:24 PM

Timing chain slack: the chain rubs against a nylon strip for tension. When the chain stretches, it makes more noise, and the auto tension device starts to get weak.

That's my guess.

• MY-BLUE-BEAST

Posted July 25, 2011 - 09:29 PM

what can i do to fix it? can it be tightened or do i need a new timing chain?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.