exhaust insert

4 replies to this topic
  • cameronb928

Posted July 25, 2011 - 05:56 PM

so i picked up a 2004 wr 450 two weeks ago and i was going over the bike and i saw in the end on the exhaust it looked like a aftermarket insert so i took it out to see what it is and im not sure if it is stock or aftermarket so i took some pics and i was hopeing you guys could help me. i tryed to looked it up on diffrent sites and i cant find out what it is. the brand is gytr which i know is yamaha's performance parts that they make. The bike is very quite with the insert in and with it out is kinda loud if that helps. the last picture is the inside of the pipe without the insert can i ride the bike without this insert in? thanks in advance cameron.
pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• shelbyguy

Posted July 25, 2011 - 06:17 PM

http://www.thumperta...p/t-687326.html

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted July 26, 2011 - 07:25 PM

Yes, you can ride the bike without the insert. It will be louder, and in some area's of the country, this will put you above the noise limit and you'll be issued a ticket for a loud exhaust. And also, without the insert, you'll be without the sparkarrestor, so this can get you in trouble also. Maniac

• byggd

Posted July 27, 2011 - 12:46 PM

without the insert, you'll be without the sparkarrestor

This is incorrect. The insert has NOTHING to do with the spark arrestor. Pro Billet makes a similar unit that IMO is a little let restrictive.
http://www.promotobi.../products_id/49

• cameronb928

Posted July 28, 2011 - 11:39 AM

ok cool thanks guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.