WR 5th for YZ426

4 replies to this topic
  • zz3gmc

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:40 PM

Whats required to install the WR426 5th into a 02 YZ426? I have the input and output 5th gear set for a WR. Other than the required gaskets and a possible piston and rings. (its a pretty low hour bike, I havent ridden it since 05 and only rode it about half a season prior.) Im thinking of turning it into a dualsport. Already have the Eline coil, 18" rim and revalved suspension, big tank etc. Also, can a stock WR muffler work w/o to much trouble? I want it very quiet, stock DRZ quiet if possible. Has anyone tried those Pro Moto Billet quiet core inserts for the stock pipe? Are they comparable to a FMF Q?

• zz3gmc

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:47 PM

Just did a search and found most of my answers to the gear swap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:58 PM

regarding the gear swap, I think you'd like it better if you used 4th and 5th from the WR. Too big a jump going 4-5 otherwise.

• MaxPower

Posted July 26, 2011 - 10:29 AM

[COLOR="Green"]do you really need it Drz quiet? It will have Drz power too.[/COLOR]

• zz3gmc

Posted July 26, 2011 - 07:55 PM

I was actually going to trade it for a DRZ but decided to try it as a dualsport instead since I already have alot of the stuff for a conversion. I never really liked it as a race bike, hence the reason its been parked for the last 6 years. I normally race/ride a KX250 2t and a recently built KX250/500 hybrid. I already have a 07 DRZS and wanted another 4st so my wife can go on longer ds trips and not be hassled with mixing gas. She can ride the DRZ or the YZF. I want it as quiet as possible and DRZ power is ok with me.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.