02 426

4 replies to this topic
  • shelbyguy

Posted July 25, 2011 - 12:49 PM

basically 13.5:1 444

mild port work with both intake and exhaust hot-cams.

running the bike on the cart track downshifted 2 gears tipped it in and acted like it ran out of fuel...and wouldn't start again all day

got it home, tore it down chain skipped teeth on intake camshaft chain loose on cams with tensioner installed.

checked clearances cam/bucket everything within spec

gonna throw a new chain on it, is there an aftermarket manual adjuster, or is the "norm" to stick with the stocker?

thanks in advance

• byggd

Posted July 25, 2011 - 02:08 PM

I have not heard of any problems with the OE auto adjuster. How may miles on the cam drive? May want to replace the chain guides if grooved deeply.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shelbyguy

Posted July 25, 2011 - 05:36 PM

ill check those tomorrow.

as it sits now i could install the OE adjuster without even pulling in the plunger,
cant imagine the chain had stretched that much??

gah, gonna completely gonna suck removing the head to do the guides

as for miles, really no clue as of right now.
will pull flywheel tomorrow and check out drive

• byggd

Posted July 26, 2011 - 07:19 AM

as it sits now i could install the OE adjuster without even pulling in the plunger,
cant imagine the chain had stretched that much??

It is possible. My son's KLR had a chain that streched that far. The new chain fixed it right up and made it much more quiet.

• shelbyguy

Posted July 26, 2011 - 07:28 PM

sliders look near perfect.

the chain on the other hand looks terribad....like nearly half a link difference.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.