Lexx exhaust?

49 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 13, 2013 - 03:20 PM

Lexx is an econo-brand.

They are not bad, but you get what you pay for.

If a pipe that lasts 150 hours is ok with you, then go for the Lexx.

If you want to to live for 500 hours, go FMF.

If you want it to last a lifetime, go with Dubach, MRD, ProCircuit, Akrapovich, etc.

• still2smokin

Posted April 13, 2013 - 04:39 PM

Love my Lexx exhaust but noticed that there was a pretty bad crack on the spark arrestor, anyone else have this issue?
Also, I can't find any contact info for Lexx to let them know, anyone have info?
Posted Image

Love mine have had it for about 18 months, I ditched the stock arrestor that the Lexx comes with and went
with the 34mm tip and spark arrestor insert for $30 (more power and still pretty quiet).

I believe rockymountainatvmc.com makes them. http://www.rockymoun...earch?term=lexx

As far as the Lexx over the big expensive boys, I will take the Lexx its just as good, easily tunable and if/when
you loop that bike and it lands exhaust first you will be glad you didn't go just on name recognition.

• mslow

Posted April 14, 2013 - 05:19 AM

I went ahead and ordered the 34mm tip spark arrester, just hope it's not too loud. The big push is to keep the dB's down now...for me quieter is better.
I actually replaced a DrD exhaust with the Lexx, the DrD was waaaay too loud.

• cwallershasta

Posted April 15, 2013 - 10:06 AM

I had a couple of Lexx's and they were okay for the money. But like the picture above I had a weld break, only on the smallest tip, but it broke in the same spot. Also the hanger for the pipe is not to durable if you crash it may get bent pretty easily. I bent a few of them.

• Jizza

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:28 AM

Love my Lexx exhaust but noticed that there was a pretty bad crack on the spark arrestor, anyone else have this issue?
Also, I can't find any contact info for Lexx to let them know, anyone have info?
Posted Image

Just noticed when mine was idling the insert was bouncing around a little....opened it up and found just what you show here but mine was completely separated from the weld and loose in the middle.

Email to RMATV tomorrow.......on previous returns they have been excellent

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:12 AM

Looks like an easy fix to me... grab some stainless 1/8" rod and run a bead

• bikedude987

Posted June 24, 2013 - 03:12 PM

I had the same problem. Two observations: one, RM sent me a new one at no charge without even needing pictures. Two, when I had one of the guys at work try to weld it, it cracked to all hell and warped it even worse...

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:35 AM

I had a couple of Lexx's and they were okay for the money. But like the picture above I had a weld break, only on the smallest tip, but it broke in the same spot. Also the hanger for the pipe is not to durable if you crash it may get bent pretty easily. I bent a few of them.

Regardless of the brand, they are all built with the same thin aluminum, stainless and titanium so its going to be the quality of the material the manufacturer uses vs the other guy. The picture above is a stress crack caused by an impact to that side of the pipe, notice its not the weld that's cracked but the side of the weld. I had my Dr.D pipe crack in the exact same spot and as much as I would like to blame them for bad craftsmanship in was my doing not there's.

• bikedude987

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:48 AM

Nope, not from impact, from vibration. The tip is well protected by the main shroud (mine has never touched anything either) but the spark arrester inside the can is quite long and cantilievered. It is only supported by a thin disc of steel in bending. Not a good combination for one of the most vibrated systems on your bike...

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Nope, not from impact, from vibration. The tip is well protected by the main shroud (mine has never touched anything either) but the spark arrester inside the can is quite long and cantilievered. It is only supported by a thin disc of steel in bending. Not a good combination for one of the most vibrated systems on your bike...

Impact or stress is what I should have said. Just the stress from the frame/subframe flexing will cause it to crack not vibration. Vibration will cause it to carry like a crack in a windshield but wont cause it to start. My point is I have seen a lot of pipes crack in this same spot due to " to thin of material " or " lack of quality material being used " not because the weld was bad. Either way, have it tig welded and its as good as new.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.