Will '06 WR450 Engine Fit '07 YZ Frame?

2 replies to this topic
  • ADVnaut

Posted July 24, 2011 - 10:28 PM

How's it going? I have a '06 WR450. I have a chance at picking up a '07 YZ roller. Will my engine fit the aluminum frame? My bike is cherry but the roller is cheap and I wouldn't mind upgrading to aluminum. I have the jets dialed in so I am not concerned with the tighter access. I just don't know if they changed the motor mounts from the steelies to aluminum frames. Thanks guys.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 25, 2011 - 06:59 AM

How's it going? I have a '06 WR450. I have a chance at picking up a '07 YZ roller. Will my engine fit the aluminum frame? My bike is cherry but the roller is cheap and I wouldn't mind upgrading to aluminum. I have the jets dialed in so I am not concerned with the tighter access. I just don't know if they changed the motor mounts from the steelies to aluminum frames. Thanks guys.

No (well not with out some serious work)...for starters, the 06 WR has the oil tank in the frame. On the 06+ YZ the oil tank is built into the motor. So that would be the first order business you would need to sort out.

• ADVnaut

Posted July 25, 2011 - 10:44 AM

Awesome, thanks man. I figured there were some changes but I hadn't heard of that one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.