Clutch push lever spring

4 replies to this topic
  • Nomoreozone

Posted July 23, 2011 - 07:39 AM

I hope someone out there can help me on this. Last night I was installing a new ASV clutch lever on my 2002 wr426 and when finished had way to much play in the cable. The push lever spring doesn't seem to hold the push lever back to keep it tight. It looks like its in properly and not broken ,but the spring doesn't even put resistance on the push lever until its almost all the way forward. I can't locate any detail on how the set up should look down there. I tried the original clutch lever but still have the same problem with push lever tension.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:24 AM

I hope someone out there can help me on this. Last night I was installing a new ASV clutch lever on my 2002 wr426 and when finished had way to much play in the cable. The push lever spring doesn't seem to hold the push lever back to keep it tight. It looks like its in properly and not broken ,but the spring doesn't even put resistance on the push lever until its almost all the way forward. I can't locate any detail on how the set up should look down there. I tried the original clutch lever but still have the same problem with push lever tension.

Do you have the correct lever? There are (9) different levers with different ratios and throws.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nomoreozone

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:35 AM

According to motosport it is the correct lever. The play and pull seem to match up with the old one. The arm on the push lever moves back and forth and stays where ever you leave it with the cable disconnected. Shouldn't the spring hold the push lever back with tension on it?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 23, 2011 - 10:00 AM

You should make sure you have the right lever:

http://asvinventions...structions.html

• Nomoreozone

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:12 AM

Took your advice and put the old levers back on. Everything worked fine. Thanks Krannie for taking the time to help out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.