Big guy mods

3 replies to this topic
  • needanewbike

Posted December 05, 2000 - 10:37 PM

So I am looking to buy a wr426......I am 6'4 250lbs. What can I do to fit better. Anybody have similar size issues. Suspension....bars etc... I would appreciate the input.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 05, 2000 - 01:32 PM

do search under my name - lots of info in previous posts. There is pic somewhere in the forum of my set up - I'm of the same svelte physique as you & it works pretty good.

brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Buck

Posted December 08, 2000 - 06:38 AM

I am 6' 5" and weigh 250lbs. I sent my suspension to Pro-Action of Michigan because stock was way too soft for the riding that I do. I also run the Jimmy Button Renthal bar to give me more room. Other than that I haven't done much and have had a ton of fun.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 08, 2000 - 08:15 AM

Oh, yeah - that reminds me.

I went to stiffer springs for the fork & shock. I used RaceTechs web page to determine the spring rates & installed them myself. I've backed off the compression clickers at both ends 4 clicks from stock to soften things up - wooded single track, river beds etc. I'll continue to play with the adjusters for a while before shelling out more money for re-valving.

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.