The Baja Designs jet kit for my XR650L didnt have

1 reply to this topic
  • WR250Fnewbe

Posted September 04, 2003 - 05:04 PM

The Baja Designs jet kit for my XR650L didnt have a slow speed jet! Everybody in this forum is saying to use a #55 slow jet, should I go ahead and use a #55 jet or not worry about it? Maybe the new needle will compensate for the lack of a bigger slow jet? Any info would be great,Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • uw153

Posted September 05, 2003 - 06:02 AM

I think Baja designs uses the Dynojet needle but I might be mistaken. Even so, I have the Dynojet kit in mine and have had to go to the larger slow jet #55. I also have the #52 but haven't tried yet. Either way the 55 is much better than the stock 50 in throttle response. From what I have read, the best setup is the stock needle shimmed .035", 55 slow jet, and 160 main with stock exhaust. Snorkel removed also. Just my $.02

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.