Best Place to Buy Gear Online?

9 replies to this topic
  • vrecksler

Posted September 04, 2003 - 04:22 PM

Hey guys! After checking the For Sale threads for the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to find someplace to buy some gear. Since I live in an isolated area, there is only 1 shop with almost no stock so if I want anything I will have to order..

I have seen ‘package deals’ on the advertising pages of MX magazines where they sell boots, pants, jersey and gloves together for decent deals. If I could get one that had stuff I wanted I would go that route but I am kind of picky. For boots I am looking at Tech 8’s or Vectors, for pants I want the loose fitting over the boot style, but do not care about the gloves or top.

So if you know of good online shops, please post some links for me to check out. And if you are aware of any sizing issues with certain manufacturers (maybe Answer pants fit smaller than tagged, that sort of thing) I would love to hear about it since I will be unable to try on anything before buying.

Thanks! :)

• gawarrior

Posted September 04, 2003 - 05:39 PM

Try www.motorcyclecloseout.com Rusty is a good guy and they have some awesome prices. I ordered an 02 Answer Stylus pants and shirt from him. I called him today because I have not received it yet. He said he could not find the 02 pants in my size, so he is giving me the 03 pants at no extra charge. :)

• vrecksler

Posted September 04, 2003 - 07:22 PM

Are the 02 Stylus pants loose fitting? The pictures look like they are the kind I want, where I can wear the cuffs over the boot, but I am not sure. Great price though. :)

• gawarrior

Posted September 05, 2003 - 04:31 AM

I have not gotten mine yet. I will let you know when I do.

• JerseyDirt

Posted September 05, 2003 - 04:56 AM

I also ordered the stylus pants and jersey from Rusty. $51 for top of the line pants AND jersey. You can't beat that. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted September 05, 2003 - 10:23 AM

rusty has got one hell of a business going. I am very impressed with im and his prices. Got my wife a nice set for 60 shipped. Not bad. Go with em.

Chris

• vrecksler

Posted September 06, 2003 - 09:07 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, there really are some great deals on some of the sites you guys provided. But after checking out EBay, I think I am going to give it a shot because there are some great buys out there for good used gear. :)

• Gadsen

Posted September 07, 2003 - 08:15 AM

I use Motorcycle Superstore They always have great prices on gear. In fact, the home page has a package deal now. I bought the Acerbis myself! They dont have lots of parts or accessories, mainly just apparel. :)

• Gadsen

Posted September 07, 2003 - 08:19 AM

...after checking out EBay, I think I am going to give it a shot because there are some great buys out there for good used gear. :D

Hey, I've bought brand new gear on ebay for super prices too. Its not all used, in fact, I found more new stuff than used. :)

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted September 07, 2003 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, there really are some great deals on some of the sites you guys provided. But after checking out EBay, I think I am going to give it a shot because there are some great buys out there for good used gear. :)

I got a pair of brand new alpinestar tech 8 boots for 200 bucks. They were not even scuffed.

My local dealer want 289!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.