99yz 400f shuts off after 10 minutes

4 replies to this topic
  • benji sall

Posted July 20, 2011 - 06:27 PM

has anybody had this problem? the bike is shutting off after 10 minutes and will only get a burp after 15 or 20 kicks but when it cools off itll start right back up and then do the same thing over again i have no dirt in the fuel double checked that and i am running a mixture of 110 and 93 octane

• grayracer513

Posted July 20, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Probably have the idle too rich.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • benji sall

Posted July 23, 2011 - 06:52 AM

just the idle screw u mean or thr pilot jetis too big but i rode it the time before for 4 hours and it was fine

• QuietFlight

Posted July 23, 2011 - 08:14 AM

both have an effect

• benji sall

Posted August 09, 2011 - 05:59 PM

i used a ginnie pig bike and put coil and wire and boot on my yz 400f and rode it 2 nights in a row so that means coil was breaking down thanks everybody for the replys

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.