Initial suspension settings

1 reply to this topic
  • Magnetic

Posted July 19, 2011 - 10:21 AM

I rebuilt my front forks with new seals/wipers and replaced the oil with Bel-Ray 5 wt., and installed a FC .50 rate spring. In the rear I greased up my linkage and installed a 6.0 rate spring. Spring rates come from both racetech and mx-tech recommendations. The rear spring, as others noted on an earlier thread, is borderline too soft for my 6'4" 250 lb frame. I was able to get 104mm race sag, but with only about 17mm of static sag. It is a new spring, so I'm not sure what to expect after a ride.

I have my forks set to all the way soft on compression, 8 clicks out on rebound. The shock is all the way soft on ls compression, 1/2 turn in on hs compression, and 8 clicks out on rebound. I never bottomed out my stock suspension, it was the harsh small bumps being deep in the stroke at sag height that prompted the spring change. I'm hoping this will smooth out the ride and help the turning a little. Any suggestions before I take her out?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrwest

Posted July 20, 2011 - 04:05 AM

Get Racetech goldvalves for the front at least! Makes a huge diff!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.