does anyone still produce 13 year old graphics?

13 replies to this topic
  • CRF100biker

Posted July 18, 2011 - 07:09 AM

i need the tank decals for my 1998 yz400f. i've looked at motosport and rockymountain, google, ebay, everywhere i can think of and i still can't find a graphics set. many places say they produce the graphics for my bike, but you can see it isn't designed to fit the '98. i just want some OEM graphics. any ideas anyone? thanks.

• jratcliffe3

Posted July 19, 2011 - 12:23 AM

Not OEM, but there are plenty to choose from here:

http://shop.ebay.com...-All-Categories

• CRF100biker

Posted July 19, 2011 - 03:26 AM

i already checked ebay and don't like any of the ones with parts manufacturers slapped all over the kit. my bike is stock, it doesn't have any parts from any of those companies. this is the closest i could find, but you can clearly see it doesn't line up with the stock tank graphics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

or do these companies just use a stock image for all different years and they make a kit specific to the 1998 year?

• tech24

Posted July 19, 2011 - 05:03 AM

Not what you're lookin for but you can design your own

http://www.tweqs.com...03&mx_model=228

• CRF100biker

Posted July 19, 2011 - 02:51 PM

Not what you're lookin for but you can design your own

http://www.tweqs.com...03&mx_model=228

this is great. hopefully i'm allowed to print an OEM design. i'm guessing i would need permission from yamaha for that, right?

• Boosted2M6

Posted July 19, 2011 - 03:16 PM

Try calling Yamaha. 5BE-24240-00-00

• tech24

Posted July 19, 2011 - 04:52 PM

this is great. hopefully i'm allowed to print an OEM design. i'm guessing i would need permission from yamaha for that, right?

Anything you create will be your design so I don't see a problem. Have you looked at the grahics creator engine? You literaly have to creat it from scratch well sorta sionce they have stuff to chose from. I did a set and was fairly happy. The red I used turned out a little orange but I still liked it and you can tell some of its digital if you blow up the YAMAHA logos real big. But its still nice but a lot a damn work.

You should've have seen me I was on my laptop screen with a tiny ruler lining everything up. The worst part is there is no exact copy from left to right but you can flip images and if you use this let me know if you need help trying to flip an image to make a mirror for the other side.....it took me forever to figure it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 19, 2011 - 06:50 PM

Try calling Yamaha. 5BE-24240-00-00

Did you price check that? Retail $227.

• wes513v

Posted July 19, 2011 - 06:53 PM

Not stock, but maybe acceptable. Try CEET racing, or CEET graphics. They usually have stuff for older bikes.

• Boosted2M6

Posted July 19, 2011 - 07:22 PM

Did you price check that? Retail $227.

That's correct, $227 is retail pricing. Actual cost - $168. This is a factory OEM set for a bike over a decade old. Sounds fair to me.

• CRF100biker

Posted July 19, 2011 - 08:55 PM

That's correct, $227 is retail pricing. Actual cost - $168. This is a factory OEM set for a bike over a decade old. Sounds fair to me.

ouch. at that point i would just get the white gas tank i was thinking about with no graphics so i can see my fuel level easily.

• niles

Posted July 20, 2011 - 02:14 AM

You'd almost be better off to call a local sign and print shop and see if they can plot you a set.

• ZéPovinho

Posted July 20, 2011 - 04:20 PM

FactoryFX has stock replacements, but have three types of decals for the 98/02 model. can one of those be for the red/white bike?

• Fabulous

Posted July 21, 2011 - 07:13 AM

http://www.fludesign...yamaha_ts1.html

Try these guys. I had their graphics kit for my 01 YZ125 and it was great! You get a lot for the money.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.