New Chain Stretch

Put on a new set of chain and sprockets before heading to the track yesterday. Chain is a D.I.D VT2 520 chain. Paid $100 for it. Thought it was a good quality chain. Rode about an hour total time(5 to 6 ten minute motos) and the chain streched ALOT. Chain slack was perfect when I left the house and was waaayyy to loose when I left the track..

1. How much should the chain stretch on the first ride?

Put on a new set of chain and sprockets before heading to the track yesterday. Chain is a D.I.D VT2 520 chain. Paid $100 for it. Thought it was a good quality chain. Rode about an hour total time(5 to 6 ten minute motos) and the chain streched ALOT. Chain slack was perfect when I left the house and was waaayyy to loose when I left the track..

Every chanin is different but with new sprockets, assuming everything is lined up I wouldn't worry a whole bunch. If it keeps happening I'd say chain is crap but I've never used one so I can't say for sure.

this is good to know as i was considering buying a DID VT2... i wonder why it strecthed so much?

It's pretty typical for a new chain to require adjustment in the first hour or two. Even more so with new sprockets, as everything will have to "wear in" a little. The chains I use are the Regina ORN6, which I run for about two years each, and adjust them maybe 3 times during that period following the original installation. They just don't stretch when properly maintained. Even with that, a brand new one will always loosen up a bit at first, so I make sure I have time to run it for a bit before a race day.

It's pretty typical for a new chain to require adjustment in the first hour or two. Even more so with new sprockets, as everything will have to "wear in" a little. The chains I use are the Regina ORN6, which I run for about two years each, and adjust them maybe 3 times during that period following the original installation. They just don't stretch when properly maintained. Even with that, a brand new one will always loosen up a bit at first, so I make sure I have time to run it for a bit before a race day.

Regina? i never heard of them. where did you buy it? and how much? got a link that you can provide? thanks

Regina? i never heard of them. where did you buy it? and how much? got a link that you can provide? thanks

Best chain I ever ever used also (ORN6) They are for sale at TT store under MSR name and RM sells them. Either place is less or close to 100 bucks