what oversized tank for a 2011

13 replies to this topic
  • motoman808

Posted July 17, 2011 - 07:05 PM

who has an oversized tank and what do you think about it?only interested in 2010-2012 yz450f

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted July 18, 2011 - 03:30 PM

You got IMS 2.4, Clarke 3.5, and looks like Acerbis has one out now in 2.3 gal. The IMS is the only one I've seen any postings about here.

• SEOINAGE

Posted July 19, 2011 - 11:25 AM

Love my IMS, looks good, and holds plenty of fuel.

• foxracr767

Posted July 20, 2011 - 12:38 PM

I also have the IMS. have had it for 8 months and no issues. holds enough fuel to not have to worry.

• motoman808

Posted July 20, 2011 - 06:34 PM

do all the stock plastic fit on ims tank?

• SEOINAGE

Posted July 21, 2011 - 04:08 AM

yep works great.

• 450motard

Posted July 21, 2011 - 05:00 PM

yep works great.

Uhm, you must have a different IMS tank than the rest of us.

There are removable panels on both sides of the stock tank - those two panels do not mount onto the IMS tank (that's part of the space it takes to gain fuel capacity over the stock tank). Everything else stays stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman808

Posted July 21, 2011 - 07:12 PM

aahhh now the the hard choice.i love the lines of the bike with those side panels looks so good,but i hate pushing that bitch when its out of gas.
guess its like having a fat girl friend that treats you great or a skinny one whos a bitch.
yep would rather ride an ugly bike then push a pretty one.
what kind of mileage are you guys getting with the ims tank ?
i get around 51 with the stocker.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted July 21, 2011 - 07:58 PM

aahhh now the the hard choice.i love the lines of the bike with those side panels looks so good,but i hate pushing that bitch when its out of gas.
guess its like having a fat girl friend that treats you great or a skinny one whos a bitch.
yep would rather ride an ugly bike then push a pretty one.
what kind of mileage are you guys getting with the ims tank ?
i get around 51 with the stocker.

You're in luck then, you can ride a pretty one. If you go for the black, then it goes from pretty to sexy, but you'll need the black lower shrouds to pull it off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Yamiryder

Posted July 21, 2011 - 08:05 PM

I can't imagine what a 3.5 gal tank looks like on one of those...

• daileywr450f

Posted July 23, 2011 - 03:11 PM

I just installed an IMS tank on my 2009 wr45of and love the looks and fit, but I am having fuel leaking around the petock. any ideas?

• Family Man

Posted July 23, 2011 - 07:53 PM

does the extra size of the larger aftermarket tank make the bike feel as top heavy as they look with one?

• Gunner354

Posted July 24, 2011 - 08:57 AM

does the extra size of the larger aftermarket tank make the bike feel as top heavy as they look with one?

Love the new engine layout just wish they would have tucked the pipe to one side behind the motor and used the space for fuel. More capacity, lower and more centralized.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:52 PM

Love the new engine layout just wish they would have tucked the pipe to one side behind the motor and used the space for fuel. More capacity, lower and more centralized.

Exactly! I've been thinking the same thing. This would make sense if they ever decide to make a WR out of this bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.