WANTED: radiator louvers for '99 400

3 replies to this topic
  • aag800

Posted June 04, 2001 - 03:46 PM

Looking for anyone who has radiator louvers laying around and would like to part with them. I'm trying all kind of different things and spending lots of cash to try and help my bike run cooler. I bought the bike with Devol guards on it and don't really want to spend another $60 to experiment. If anyone could hook me up, e-mail me and we'll work something out. Thanks! -Adam-

• kmcbride

Posted June 04, 2001 - 04:48 PM

Hey Adam,
Did you make it to the Green Marble on Sunday? Enough rocks for you? I think I toasted my clutch in the second loop on the last couple of rock sections. I am still hurting today.
Keith

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aag800

Posted June 04, 2001 - 06:14 PM

Hey Keith, Yeah I was at the Green marble. I liked the rocks, but we sure could have done without the thunderstorms the night before. Did you run the A/B loop? It was pure survival. Lot's of DNF's after that check! I made it to the end and scored a second in my class. Sore, but really pumped. I just changed my oil and found alot more clutch material than normal. Probably time for a new one here too. Did you have any problems with boil-over at all? My bike is still running way too hot in the tight stuff, and the mud plugging the rads. didn't help at all. We'll have to hook up sometime. Let me know which events you'll be at. More rocks at the Ridge Run this weekend! Later! -Adam-

[This message has been edited by akg800 (edited 06-04-2001).]

• kmcbride

Posted June 05, 2001 - 04:41 PM

Adam,
I will probably take a few weeks off and do some play biking, the Ridge Run is too much of a hike for me from Maryland. I did not have any problems with my bike overheating on Sunday, although I did see plenty of guys
spitting coolant. I changed my gearing to 13-51 for this enduro and was still having trouble with some of the tough rock sections, lots of clutch work. Have you done any suspension mods? I think I felt every rock go through my upper body. All in all, I was pleased to have finished from line 64! (should have preregistered) It was lonely back there. There was no one left on my number and line 63 was empty after the 1st loop. I don't think but a hand full finished after line 60 or so. Keep in touch, I think the Barbed Wire will be my next.
Take care, Keith.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.