First Crash.....Time for a new radiator..#@$%&*

16 replies to this topic
  • rekless

Posted September 03, 2003 - 05:43 PM

I had my first crash today and I crunched my right side radiator. Where can I get one online or does anybody have a good used one they want to sell?? Thanks, Chuck :)

• RichBaker

Posted September 03, 2003 - 05:58 PM

I got several repaired by a local welder, look in your phone book, make some calls...you might get it fixed pretty cheap. I tried Mylers once, never again, over-priced and poor quality, it wouldn't bolt back on!!
If you have to have a new one, email Zanotti's, www.zanottimotor.com
Send them the P/N and they'll email a quote, usually cheaper than anyone else I've tried.
Rich Baker

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted September 03, 2003 - 05:59 PM

I had my first crash today and I crunched my right side radiator. Where can I get one online or does anybody have a good used one they want to sell?? Thanks, Chuck :)

I'm off on Sundays and Mondays, so getting any Yamaha motorcycle parts for me is tough as they are always closed these days, so I use "Powersports Pro" and just order them online. Take about 2 weeks. Spendy, maybe you can find an aftermarket source.

• basicblues

Posted September 03, 2003 - 06:13 PM

Chuck,
If decide not to have your radiator fixed and if your interested in the OEM stock replacement send me a PM and I'll hook you up with a source for 20% off retail..

• YAMAKAZE

Posted September 04, 2003 - 05:00 AM

Cheap insurance = Radiator Guards.....

Best 50 bucks you can spend...

Bonzai :)

• jchantzWR400F

Posted September 04, 2003 - 05:59 AM

Do a search on here for Mylers. He can fix it, and have it back to you before no time. He did mine for $65.

• cnacc

Posted September 04, 2003 - 08:32 AM

Does your name mean you need to rekless or you are rekless??? :)

• lewichris

Posted September 04, 2003 - 10:41 AM

look on ebay, you can find them for 75 bucks, or 100 for a pair, sometimes less.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • live_to_ride

Posted September 04, 2003 - 01:03 PM

Call 775-289-3095. It is e-lee ford/yamaha/suzuki in ely nevada. He can do better than 20% off and include shipping. Ask for Karl and tell him Chris told you to call. He gives all parts for almost dealer cost.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted September 04, 2003 - 03:10 PM

Check with BrandonW, he wadded one up real good and got it fixed for like 50.00 or less. Quick turn around also.
Order up a set of DEVOL braces also.
Good luck
Eric

• BrandonW

Posted September 04, 2003 - 03:20 PM

And he walked away...

Posted Image

Another view...

Posted Image

I sent it off to Mylers, and I am very happy with the results so far. When I got it back (Turn around same day they get it! I used ground service, so I sent it out on a Monday and got it back the following Monday. Drew in Seattle was a little more itchy, and he next day aired it both ways, sent it out on a Tues and got it back on Thurs or Fri. They are FAST!)
it mounted right up. I was expecting to have to do some tweaking, but no, it mounted right up.

Have confidence that they can fix you rad.

Click here for Myler's Radiator shop!

• bigdrtrdr

Posted September 04, 2003 - 03:47 PM

Speak of the Devil and he will appear! :)
Yo Brandon lets ride on this side soon.
Eric

• yamadog1964

Posted October 03, 2003 - 02:45 PM

I have info. on radiators if you would like to email me, feel free to ( rsilvia@sbcglobal.net ). New to TT, lots of interesting stuff.
03 WR450 with standard mods.

• Strick

Posted October 03, 2003 - 03:21 PM

Mylers is the BOMB!

Man I hope you didn't land in those rocks. I am asumming rocks caused that. OUCH!

• Fryboy

Posted October 04, 2003 - 05:24 AM

And he walked away...

Posted Image

Another view...

Posted Image

I sent it off to Mylers, and I am very happy with the results so far. When I got it back (Turn around same day they get it! I used ground service, so I sent it out on a Monday and got it back the following Monday. Drew in Seattle was a little more itchy, and he next day aired it both ways, sent it out on a Tues and got it back on Thurs or Fri. They are FAST!)
it mounted right up. I was expecting to have to do some tweaking, but no, it mounted right up.

Have confidence that they can fix you rad.

Click here for Myler's Radiator shop!

YIKES!! That must a been a good get off. Anyone else see the hole in the frame guard? That Devol is bent like a pretzel.

Fryboy

• WR450F_4600FT

Posted October 04, 2003 - 10:06 PM

I had mine welded for $45 and have put over 400 mi on it w/ no leaks. Stock goes for about $280 a side. OBTW I had DEVOL rad gards and they don't keep it the rads from smashing, their purpose is keeping rocks an other debre out. Get the rad braces if you want to help prevent crunch time. If you hit hard enough no matter what you do crunch.
Good luck :)

• live_to_ride

Posted October 04, 2003 - 10:39 PM

I just did the exact same thing and my radiator looked just like that one. The only difference is that I have flatland gaurds. I got the rad fixed at myler's, bent the gaurd back, and added some bracing that goes from the bottom of the radiator gaurds to the bottom shroud bolt on the tank. It is just a piece of 1/8" x 2" aluminum strap that I cut and bent to fit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.