'00 grabby clutch! what '01 parts??????

4 replies to this topic
  • TommyT882000

Posted June 04, 2001 - 11:40 AM

I have read that people who experience grabby clutch syndrome should use '01 parts. That is kool but, what parts exactly?

(00 426 F)

• dirtdad

Posted June 04, 2001 - 01:32 PM

The three parts you're looking for are as follows:
friction plate y5jg-16321-00-00
clutch boss spring y5jg-16383-00-00
seat plate y5jg-16384-00-00

I installed these in my 00 426 about a month ago and can attest that they DO eliminate the grabbiness in the clutch! It now feels "like butter". I bought my parts from North County Yamaha (800) 225-1629. They'll usually beat anyone else's price. You can look up part #'s for your bike at http://www.powerspor...sfish/Login.asp
Hope this helps.

00 YZ426F
01 TT-R125L (my son's)
91 CR125
83 YZ490
74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_S

Posted June 04, 2001 - 02:33 PM

Dirtdad is 100% correct.

My clutch is perfect now, enabling me to holeshot my way to victory for the first time on Sunday!

The parts are a friction plate with a larger ID to accomadate a washer and a spring washer. These three items are installed in the clutch bastket as a replacement for the first friction plate.

If you look them up on partsfish, it is pretty easy to see how they go.

Dave S (I cant believe its not butter!)

• Howard_Huge

Posted June 11, 2001 - 07:05 PM

How much for the parts listed? Is the fix as easy as changing clutch plates or what??

sounds to good to be true, huge

• Dave_S

Posted June 11, 2001 - 07:14 PM

Oh yes. It is true.

All 3 parts will cost you about $50-60.

To install:

Drain the oil
Remove the clutch cover
remove the pressure plate
remove the clutch pack
then re-install the clutch pack substituting the 01 friction ring for the first (deepest) friction plate along with the 01 washer and spring.
Re-install the pressure plate, clutch cover and add oil.

Presto! 30 minutes and a clutch you have to ride to believe! Well its as good as any other clutch anyway.

If your bike has the same problem that mine did you will notice right away and without ANY doubt that these parts solved the problem.

Dave S

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.