Removing the stock trip meter

6 replies to this topic
  • JerseyDirt

Posted September 03, 2003 - 09:13 AM

For those of you who have removed or replaced the sock trip meter, what do you put in place of the gear drive on the hub? Is there some sort of spacer that comes on the YZ which i could use in place of the gear? :)

• Math

Posted September 03, 2003 - 09:37 AM

Just buy the YZ spacer that replaces it on the YZ426f and there will be no problem. That is what I did. Other guys just leave the gear there and put a little rubber cap on the top to close the little hole.

• JerseyDirt

Posted September 03, 2003 - 09:43 AM

Thanks math, thats what I'll do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kc14y

Posted September 03, 2003 - 05:48 PM

Would you be interested in selling your tripmeter/odometer or are you going to hang on to it? Thanks!

• basicblues

Posted September 03, 2003 - 06:07 PM

Check out Barnums Pro Products, they make a trick cool blue speedo eliminater. I purchased one and it's the bomb :)
Here's the link:

Barnums Speedo Eliminater

BTW: (kc14y) I currently have my stock trip meter and many other WR450 parts for sale on eBay, search WR 450 and you'll find it.

• MOmilkman

Posted September 04, 2003 - 05:34 AM

#6 makes this slick little unit
Posted Image
Odometer Eliminator 98-01 Yamaha 400/426 WR & 01 WR 250
Code: 21-03
Price: $34.95

I put one on years ago. Looks to be about the same as the one mentioned above. Except if you dont like the blue anadized one you can get this one.

• JerseyDirt

Posted September 04, 2003 - 05:57 AM

KC14y, How much would you want to buy it for? I planned on keeping it but I guess if someone wanted to buy it for a sum that would substantailly offset the price of a new Trail Tech computer then I would consider it. Let me know what you had in mind.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.