Who uses a tall seat?

22 replies to this topic
  • ttr250dude

Posted July 15, 2011 - 10:40 PM

Where the footpegs mount to the frame, I cut off the collars from the main part, then had a friend weld them to the top side. This moves them down and back a bit. Another option, I think IMS sells pegs that are lower.

Why couldn't just not weld the collar in place after moving it to the top of the peg? The pin will hold it in place. My '08 has titanium foot pegs and I highly doubt anyone in my area can weld titanium stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ubu

Posted July 16, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Why couldn't just not weld the collar in place after moving it to the top of the peg? The pin will hold it in place. My '08 has titanium foot pegs and I highly doubt anyone in my area can weld titanium stuff.

I did that and it works. I had to grind a bit on the leveling stops to clear the mount bolt, though. I was a little uncomfortable doing this, but it's been good for 3 years. disclaimer: I don't go big on jumps. I'm 6'2 with long apendages, and this simple, free mod helped open things up.
A tall seat would make the trans from siting to standing easier. But, it is also nice to be able to reach the ground in tight stuff. I've learned to grip with my calves instead of knees. I'm rarely siting anyway.

• Thesolidman1

Posted July 17, 2011 - 07:33 AM

I have seen guys not weld the collar in place. It works. But if it's not welded you have reduced the load bearing surface area, so the pin could bend or wear faster, but you can do it in a pinch.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.