Brand new 09 won't start

As you are actually kicking, you should not twist the throttle open, and THAT is what the manual says. But if you don't prime it with the accelerator pump, you're going to get a lot more exercise than you planned on. None of them that are set up correctly start any differently than that.

My bike will start with two easy kicks to get to top dead center, then an aggressive kick nearly every time. My experience with starting four strokes has always shown those who touch the throttle end up kicking the bike more and more often.

My bike will start with two easy kicks to get to top dead center, then an aggressive kick nearly every time. My experience with starting four strokes has always shown those who touch the throttle end up kicking the bike more and more often.
You should come and have some more experience with mine, then.

If it's been run within the previous two or three days, cold starting goes like this:

Choke on

Push against compression

3 full twists on the throttle after having allowed time for the carb to fill

Push through ONCE to the next compression stroke to ingest the fuel charge

One more twist, then one kick to start.

Works almost every single time, as long as it isn't ridiculously cold. If you don't prime it, you'll be there quite a while.

You should come and have some more experience with mine, then.

That sounds awesome, I will be in So. Cal. late August for a Disney trip with the fam. ? I guess each bike is a little different, but it sounds like we both agree that the throttle shouldn't be held open while starting (which is what it sounded like his dealer was suggesting).

Off topic, thank your devil dog for his much appreciated service to this country.

Ok thanks guys, well i went out with her the first time today.. Like i said, I switch from my LTR 450 to this.. Word of advice, dirt bikes are two-wheeled demons.... It makes my quad look like child's play. Corners are a f*cking bitch.. i used to just throttle and slide around them with the quad.. I dumped her like 3 times today, once really hard, had the gopro on so we'll see how that looks.. Damn though, it's nothing like riding a quad..