Grabby Clutch Solution

1 reply to this topic
  • Dave_S

Posted June 03, 2001 - 01:13 PM

I know this has been gone over about a million times or so but.

Friday I installed the '01 clutch parts in my 00 426 and it completely and definatly solved ALL clutch grabbyness.

I first tried opening the oil passages. Then I installed a hinson basket. Neither of these solved my problem AT ALL. Maybe is was slightly better but at that point the lesser of two evils is still evil.

I would recommend anyone who has this problem that has not yet fixed it try the 01 parts before shelling out for the hinson or other aftermarket basket.

Finally got a GREAT HOLESHOT today!

Dave S

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtdad

Posted June 03, 2001 - 03:39 PM

Dave S, I will echo your findings (though, I've already posted the same before). I upgraded to the 01 parts in my 00 about a month ago and my clutch is "like butter"! I also have the Hinson basket and inner hub but I believe the 3 upgrade parts are by far the biggest improvement for the $$!

00 YZ426F
01 TT-R125L (my son's)
91 CR125
83 YZ490
74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.