Stator Replacement (Better than stock?)

2 replies to this topic
  • mikemac61

Posted September 01, 2003 - 06:07 PM

I installed a 10 oz. flywheel weight on my bike this weekend but I created a new problem in the process. Since I didn't have a spanner wrench to hold the engine while breaking the flywheel nut loose I was using a couple of bolts in the puller holes with a prybar wedged between them. You guessed it, the bar slipped, the motor turned, and my stator was crunched. After I finished cussing myself for being so stupid :), I started wondering if I should go back with a stock stator or try finding an upgrade. Does anyone know if there is a product on the market that outperforms the stock stator? Thanks, and I'll let you know how the bike runs with the additional flywheel weight once I get it running again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 01, 2003 - 06:42 PM

Stay with the stock stator and buy yourself a puller. :)

• mikemac61

Posted September 02, 2003 - 05:42 AM

I've got a puller, it's the spanner wrench I don't have butt thanks anyway. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.