aftermarket flywheel

6 replies to this topic
  • pippen450

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hey guys I have a question about flywheels specifically something lighter for my 04 wr450. Could of posted in the wr forum but I feel replies are slower (i think).
My question is, can I get aftermarket flywheels with wieght of my choice or can I not? If no, what do I have to do to lighten it or get a new one? I know I cant just throw on a yz flywheel but would it work putting on the base and flywheel? I think the base is pricey, just wondering if its worth the $. thank you.

• MANIAC998

Posted July 05, 2011 - 04:30 AM

Back in '00, I used a heavier WR flywheel on my YZF and liked it quite abit. So I see no reason why you couldn't use the YZF flywheel on the WR. You won't have a headlight, taillight or charging system though. Maniac

• pippen450

Posted July 05, 2011 - 07:19 AM

I dont have a headlight or tailight. swapped them for ufo fender and no. plate. It hasnt bothered me since It begins to get dark here in the summer at about 11 pm. My E start works unreliably now, so I dont think that would be a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 05, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Not sure about your year, but some years are not interchagable between WR and YZ. Trailtech has a couple replacement flywheels, either -2 or +2 oz. You might also check Steahly Off Road.

• pippen450

Posted July 05, 2011 - 01:24 PM

thanks guys ill keep searching.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 05, 2011 - 02:52 PM

I think they have different flywheels and the crank is slightly different between the yz and wr. I don't think one would bolt on to the other. I may be wrong.

You might have to look for some other mod to increase the revving of your engine. Try a new piston or cams.

• pippen450

Posted July 05, 2011 - 06:02 PM

Ive actually been looking at Trailtech flywheels. They have some that are either +2 oz for yz or -6oz for wrs. I am curious of the weight of a yz flywheel but I think the wrs is around 30 oz? Id just like to compare the 24oz Trailtech to the yz.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.