Wr450f full re-build and cost £££

2 replies to this topic
  • wr450eff

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Just to sum up, when I last posted a thread I was describing what has gone wrong in my engine. I have now fixed the dreaded 5th gear problem with replacing 3rd and 5th (£145) on the input shaft and no2 selector fork (£68). My wr has now got brand new wiseco crank (£220) due to the amount of play in the conrod was on its limit. Also a new camchain (£29) and a new wiseco standard piston kit (£155). Barrel re-plated (£160). All in all costing about £900 for a full re-build Inc the gear box repaired. I should be able to put the completed engine in within the next 3 weeks! It has taken nearly 5 months mainly due to cost and I'm hoping that the engine will last because I do not want to do all this again anytime soon but it will be worth it when I'm back on it again. In hindsight I should of just sent the entire engine off and try to pay a big bill but you live and learn.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted July 05, 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'm in the same boat. I spent about $900 and now have all the parts. Just waiting to assemble it all. I have confidence that I'll get another 5k miles.

• wr450eff

Posted July 06, 2011 - 02:07 PM

5k! That would be awesome! This is my first kinda high strung bike so I'm a little worried about how long the engine will go for. Hopefully if I service earlier than normal it should last. Good luck bg10459. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.