Interesting Problem (WR 450 Help)

Hi Everyone,

So I just got done checking the valves on my 08 WR450. In that past I've paid people to do the valves and this time I decided to do it myself. I noticed that someone before me started to strip one of the bolts on the air induction pipe where it bolts into the cylinder head just above the exhaust header.

I was able to get one of the bolts to torque up, but the other (near the radiator hose) is only snug, and I can tell that it's not going to torque. This looks like a pain to helicoil if needed, and I'm hoping that it won't be too much of an issue to leave it. When I got the bike I had the dealer plug that port as part of the smog removal so instead of a gasket there's a metal spacer. Is this pressurized with exhaust? I want to make sure I can't suck dirt in...

It's part 1, 2 (metal spacer), and the bolt in question is #3 in this diagram:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=556751&manufacturer=6&category=3&year=2008&model=12928

I know this is a weird problem, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!

Thank you for the replies.

How does the kit plug the hole (do I still need to use that bolt)? I already have the plate that blocks off the passageway, but it just looks like the ais is still hooked up. That's the way the dealer installed the kit when I got the bike...

Thanks again for the help on this unusual, unfortunate problem...