08 radiator capacity?

3 replies to this topic
  • ttr250dude

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:12 PM

How much coolant does a 2008 hold? What is the proper way to drain it? I took the drain bolt out by the water pump but not much came out. Thanks, bill804

• Anssi

Posted June 30, 2011 - 04:28 AM

Open the radiator cap as well, about a liter or so should come out pretty rapidly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Schpenxel

Posted June 30, 2011 - 06:10 AM

Yeah, should come out pretty quick.. As in, I had to hold a bucket about 2ft away from the bike and ended up getting antifreeze all over me the first time I did it, lol

• ttr250dude

Posted July 01, 2011 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, should come out pretty quick.. As in, I had to hold a bucket about 2ft away from the bike and ended up getting antifreeze all over me the first time I did it, lol

Yeah that happened to me too haha

Are there any coolant drain bolts other than the one on the water pump cover? I can check in a few days but I'm pretty sure i didnt use a whole liter to top it off. I drained it, filled 'er up, ran the bike a few minutes, and only had to put in maybe a few ounces to top it off again. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.