**YZ450 Oil Change Gone Bad !!!

13 replies to this topic
  • brettmac

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:00 PM

hello everybody. i was doing an oil change and filter change on the ol yz and i was able to drain the left crank case side and took the oil filter out but the right crank case bolt was stripped to F******k and i couldnt get it off. i want to take the bike to school tmr and do a wheely to piss one of the teachers off. can i just put oil in the left side and put the old filter back in and be ok? if not let me know.

• Dirt-rich

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:03 PM

Properly fix the bike. Don't go rip your bike at school that could be some bad news.

• dalonar

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:06 PM

this is the reason we lose places to ride......

• brettmac

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Im not the one who makes us people around here lose our privleges. I live on a back road surrounded by 20 acres of trails and woods. As for the other ppl around, they drive through town, get chased by the cops and dont give a rats arse about who see's them or thinks about them. When you want answers as to why we lose our privleges ask the cops and natural resources and they will tell ya that the guy riding the BLUE dirtbike abides by the law and respects his privlege.

• todds924

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:25 PM

hello everybody. i was doing an oil change and filter change on the ol yz and i was able to drain the left crank case side and took the oil filter out but the right crank case bolt was stripped to F******k and i couldnt get it off. i want to take the bike to school tmr and do a wheely to piss one of the teachers off. can i just put oil in the left side and put the old filter back in and be ok? if not let me know.

What year YZ. If your talking about an 06-09...and you stripprd the right side drain..<if your sitting on the bike? Then you will have to pull the motor to fix it properly.
The frame rail is in the way to do anything with it while in the bike.
And what do you mean by stripped to f4348k? Is the head of the bolt stripped or are the threads in the engine case stripped?
Leave your teachers alone...........ever heard of Karma?
Maybe thats why your bikes jacked up?

• brettmac

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:32 PM

Shes an 09 and yes its the right side. And its just the head of the bolt. The threads are fine I think. Cant say for sure though. Haha it just might be karma but i did my 1st wheely for the teacher with my crf250x so i had to switch to yamaha !!

• Schpenxel

Posted June 30, 2011 - 06:13 AM

I've used a pipe wrench to get them off before when the head was stripped.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jpbastos

Posted June 30, 2011 - 07:03 AM

I´ve heard of several reason for people in a rush to get their bike up and running. This is definitely the lamest so far...but you will realise that by yourself when you grow older :thumbsup:

• cowboyona426

Posted June 30, 2011 - 07:20 AM

Im not the one who makes us people around here lose our privleges. I live on a back road surrounded by 20 acres of trails and woods. As for the other ppl around, they drive through town, get chased by the cops and dont give a rats arse about who see's them or thinks about them. When you want answers as to why we lose our privleges ask the cops and natural resources and they will tell ya that the guy riding the BLUE dirtbike abides by the law and respects his privlege.

Taking your bike to school to piss someone off by riding wheelies doesn't do the off road community any more favors than the jackwagon that rides where he knows he's not supposed to or intentionally tears stuff up because he thinks its fun.

• brettmac

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:20 PM

Trust me bi's, just aint me that wanted to see a good ol wheely. Not to mention that the girl i have a liking for would have seen me and maybe recognize me for once. Its a shame thats what i have to do just to get noticed eh.

• crf450319

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:38 PM

I'll assume there are houses on the same street as the school, and I'll also make the assumption that there are small children living in those houses. I can tell you one thing for sure, if I lived on that street and saw some assh*le doing a wheelie down my street the last thing they'd have to worry about would be a stripped drain bolt.

Time to grow up a little there bud..

brettmac Im not the one who makes us people around here lose our privleges. I live on a back road surrounded by 20 acres of trails and woods. As for the other ppl around, they drive through town, get chased by the cops and dont give a rats arse about who see's them or thinks about them. When you want answers as to why we lose our privleges ask the cops and natural resources and they will tell ya that the guy riding the BLUE dirtbike abides by the law and respects his privlege.

Are you serious ?? You're talking about wanting to go do a wheelie down the street beside your school, then in the same thread you state that you're the one who abides by the law ? Give your head a shake.

• brettmac

Posted June 30, 2011 - 03:49 PM

It happens to be on a slow rural highway with the closest house about 400ft from the school. And the last thing i thought was "hoes on my dick" You must be quite the ladies man yourself so you wouldnt really know what im trying to say. I aint trying to argue with yas here but i dont think im a hot shot or the cool kid just because i ca do a wheely. Theres been worse done around here that that trust me.
I had an encounter with the natural resources one, went to cross the road with my cousin and the truck pulled and waved 4 us to stop. My cousin took off and i stayed back. At the time i had my honda and it was not insured or registered at the time. My cousin on the other hand, didnt have registration either and was caught 100ft down the tracks and was given a $1000 fine. I got off scot free and the DNR man just loaded up my bike and took it home and gave me a written warning. I ended up cutting enough grass the next couple of weeks and was able to register and insure it with my own hard earned money. So im not gonna sit around here and have you guys tell me im not respectful of what i have and i appreciate my rights to drive my bike.
Dont want you bi's thinkin im some young reckless young devil child scaring people from my dirt bike.

• RiderX

Posted June 30, 2011 - 06:01 PM

Doing wheelies on the street by your school just isn't a good idea. The end. That being said, cut the kid some slack guys.

And one piece of advice I will offer you Brett is that if this girl you speak of hasn't taken notice of you, doing wheelies at school probably won't impress her.

• grayracer513

Posted June 30, 2011 - 08:11 PM

This is stupid.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.