08 YZF450 to 11 YZF450

3 replies to this topic
  • endurodog

Posted June 28, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Been thinking it may be time for a new bike. Really like my 08 and think it might be the best MX I have ever owned but it's getting a little long in the tooth. With all the changes between the 08 and the 11 I was wondering if guys that have ridden both bikes have some thoughts on it. Of course starting is important to me after a fall, has that gotten better, worse, the same? Thanks in advance guys.

• Anssi

Posted June 28, 2011 - 12:59 PM

I have an -08 that just grenaded but even before that I was thinking about switching.

My dad has a 10 (which is pretty much the same as the 11) and I have never got to grips with his bike. The engine is just so damn abrupt even though we have set the fuel and ignition to make it mellow and put the Yoshi pipe on it to stretch out the revs. To be fair, he has the Motion Pro Revolver quick throttle with the biggest pulley on it, which is just stupid but he likes it.

I think I will be getting a KTM 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • onelik

Posted June 28, 2011 - 01:53 PM

Been thinking it may be time for a new bike. Really like my 08 and think it might be the best MX I have ever owned but it's getting a little long in the tooth. With all the changes between the 08 and the 11 I was wondering if guys that have ridden both bikes have some thoughts on it. Of course starting is important to me after a fall, has that gotten better, worse, the same? Thanks in advance guys.

Sup man I have the 2011 yz450 it's been great so far. But I had trouble with the bike the first day I took it out it was hard to start and when I would turn the motor off it took about 5+ kicks to start but on the second time taking the bike out it starts right up even when I fell it would start on 2nd and 3rd kick I also noticed that it likes it when u open the throttle to half than kick started but I heard this is not good for fuel injected bikes. But it's a great bike so far very snappy has a 2 stroke snap with 4 stroke power

• CodyWayne718

Posted June 28, 2011 - 03:36 PM

If I take the time to TDC with a firm kick it fires the first kick, but if I've been fightin a hill or on a hill and stall I catch myself jabbin 4 or 5 times. Its one of the easier 4t I've started. Mines 10 by the way. I posted in a thread about havin a little spill the other day and the bike never stalled. Looked at it for a second, looked at my fiance, pulled the clutch, picked it up an took off.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.