2010 YZ450 fuel level

5 replies to this topic
  • CodyWayne718

Posted June 28, 2011 - 07:03 AM

Alright so the tank is semi transparent but can anyone really tell where their fuel level is on these tanks? I sure can't!

• fraser

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:02 AM

You get about .25 of a second between when it starts to look full and when it overflows all over the bike. If your funnel is nearly empty you might be ok, otherwise it just over flows anyway...
Impossible to see a level through the tank on mine.

• Troutman

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:14 AM

I can see it fine, only when its low (thats what its meant for) and looking at it in good light helps. Also, if you are having trouble it might not be low enough or try shaking the bike a little this helps you see the moving fuel in the tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CodyWayne718

Posted June 28, 2011 - 02:11 PM

I can see it fine, only when its low (thats what its meant for) and looking at it in good light helps. Also, if you are having trouble it might not be low enough or try shaking the bike a little this helps you see the moving fuel in the tank.

This is what I meant. Sorry for not bein clear on that. Maybe I'm not letting it get low enough, jus don't wanna chance havin to push lol

• brentn

Posted June 28, 2011 - 06:29 PM

I tried once in the dark with a flash light right against the side, that worked. But during the day it was impossible to tell. I just shake my tank and can sorta tell by the sound of the sloshing how low it's getting.
I would love to run out of fuel for once, just to see how much of a stretch this tank can give me, so far I have not.

• APlusAutoParts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:35 AM

You get about .25 of a second between when it starts to look full and when it overflows all over the bike.

If you stand a little forward of the tank while you poor and look down into the tank you get a solid 2 to 3 seconds before it over flows

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.