Will yz426f radiators fit yz400f?

4 replies to this topic
  • clutchkowalski

Posted June 27, 2011 - 11:58 AM

I am wondering if the yz426f radiators are a bolt in on a yz400f. I am told the 426 has slightly bigger radiators than the 400 and I would like the additional cooling. I don't want to have to rebuild the whole bike to do it however. Aftermarket tusk rads are available, but only listed for the 426. If they would work, I think it would be worth a shot. Thanks in advance!

• Hurricane

Posted June 27, 2011 - 01:32 PM

Years ago I used a radiator from 2001 yz426 on my 98 WR400 and it bolted right up. Don't know for sure if yours will or not but I would lean toward yes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clutchkowalski

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess I will maybe give it a try. I really would like to gain some additional cooling as I do a lot of slow technical moving when out hill climbing and it likes to get pretty warm.

• Hurricane

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:54 AM

I don't know for sure but WR400/426 radiators are probably bigger and may help more.

• DeeCee

Posted June 29, 2011 - 07:49 AM

I just fitted Fluidyne 426 radiators to my 400. They bolt straight in, the shrouds need to changed however to 426 shrouds because the 426 radiators have a different mounting point.

Yes the 426 radiators are larger, they are wider by a core.

For the Fluidyne radiators, the top hose is a smaller diameter than the standard 400 hose, so this needs to be changed.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.