cycra powerflow shrouds and fender

9 replies to this topic
  • Hurricane

Posted June 27, 2011 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone have any experience with these on their 450's? I was curious how much they aid in cooling down radiator/engince temps and if they are worth the money next time I purchase new plastic. Also will the shrouds fit over moose radiator cages?

• blueberg17

Posted June 27, 2011 - 12:32 PM

I am currently running the Cycra Powerflow plastics and I like them a lot. At higher speeds the air ducts built into the shrouds push air around the radiator creating more air flow by alowing more cool air to pass through and around the radiator resulting in cooler temps. These flow characteristics won't do much at slow speeds, obviously.

Although, I don't have a temp gauge and I don't have any hard evidence of cooler operating temperatures. What I do know is fit and finish is near perfect. All the holes line up correctly, but you have to re-use the metal spacers from the stock plastics.

The shrouds are the same dimension/size as stock (with the addition of the air duct), so I would guess it would fit over the moose cages.

• Hurricane

Posted June 27, 2011 - 12:50 PM

The shrouds are the same dimension/size as stock (with the addition of the air duct), so I would guess it would fit over the moose cages.

Levi do you know if these have a rib that runs vertical on the inside of the the shroud that follows the radiator like the stock shrouds? I had to trim away a lot the rib in order for my cages to fit. If all else is the same they should fit then. Thanks for the info.
Do you have any experience with the powerflow front fender? The cycra website claims 33% more airflow to the radiators but I would think 33% more mud reaching the radiators.

• blueberg17

Posted June 27, 2011 - 01:01 PM

I don't think it has the rib, but I will have to double check my shrouds when I get home. and I will let you know.

I didn't get the front fender, and for that exact reason. Mud would surely plug it up before it had a chance to work properly. I figured that my front wheel is pointed straight... most of the time:smirk:, rarely is that part of the fender blocking the rad's.

• Hurricane

Posted June 27, 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hey I would appreciate that, they never show any back views on the websites. Yeah I guess that front fender would be more of indoor moto-x thing, I can't see it being very good in muddy situations. Like you said the front wheel is pointed straight, I wonder if it is supposed to divert air to the sides to help cool?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blueberg17

Posted June 27, 2011 - 03:42 PM

The shroud does have that inner rib, but nothing you couldn't modify. I never thought about it but yeah, that vented fender piece would almost have to divert the air to have any adverse affect on the radiators. I'm not sure how they get 33% more airflow with that... maybe we should hack the bottoms off our stock fenders and get a 100%!

Cycra also sells a full front fender in one of the other kits.

Edited by Levi_M, June 27, 2011 - 06:15 PM.

• AZCrazian

Posted June 27, 2011 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image

I have the full Cycra power flow kit. Fit and function is :thumbsup: The best thing about the Cycra kit is the amount of drag lost when compaired to the factory plastics at high speeds (4th and 5th gear). It seems smoother and faster now. I also use Engine Ice with the power flow kit and dont have any heat issues. I ride all desert with weather temps over 105.

• blueberg17

Posted June 27, 2011 - 06:18 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Here is mine if you're curious :thumbsup:

• fraser

Posted June 27, 2011 - 11:16 PM

Running them on my '10. Can't tell exactly about any temperatures but the one piece design is much neater and easier to work with than standard.

• Hurricane

Posted June 28, 2011 - 05:16 AM

The shroud does have that inner rib, but nothing you couldn't modify. I never thought about it but yeah, that vented fender piece would almost have to divert the air to have any adverse affect on the radiators. I'm not sure how they get 33% more airflow with that... maybe we should hack the bottoms off our stock fenders and get a 100%!

Cycra also sells a full front fender in one of the other kits.

Thanks for checking on the rib, I guess I would have to hack that one off too. Yeah I wonder how they come up with 33%, it seems like you couldn't possibly get anymore air to your radiators if your wheel is straight and the front fender is not blocking anything, 33% more while turning??:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.