26 replies to this topic
  • RangerCharlie

Posted June 27, 2011 - 08:55 AM

What you think?

Posted Image

• Col Psoas

Posted June 27, 2011 - 08:57 AM

I would sure dig some FI on the new beast
not to mention even the BNG look like a big improvement over the last few years IMO

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:17 AM

Would love it if the WR went that direction, however no one is going to try and sell an enduro bike anymore without an e-start. Just photochop for now.

• BigBelly

Posted June 28, 2011 - 12:27 PM

Photoshop should be banned. I almost chubbed up when I saw that....

• rx1mtnman

Posted June 28, 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hell, sign me up!:thumbsup:

• MANIAC998

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:09 AM

Noooo Thank You!!! And I'll tell you why.

1. Heavier: Yup!
2. Less fuel capacity: Yup!
3. More complexity: Yup!
4. More money: Yup!
5. More performance: Questionable

It doesn't add up to me!!! Maniac

• STECKNINE

Posted June 30, 2011 - 07:14 AM

I find it interesting that Yamaha has pictures of all the 2012 models but the WR 450 has no pic out yet! What are they waiting for?

• tribalbc

Posted June 30, 2011 - 07:25 AM

Noooo Thank You!!! And I'll tell you why.

1. Heavier: Yup!
2. Less fuel capacity: Yup!
3. More complexity: Yup!
4. More money: Yup!
5. More performance: Questionable

It doesn't add up to me!!! Maniac

X2 on that
I'll stick with carbs for as long as I can.

• soco3594

Posted June 30, 2011 - 05:37 PM

Would love it if the WR went that direction, however no one is going to try and sell an enduro bike anymore without an e-start. Just photochop for now.

Who said there would be no e-start?

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted June 30, 2011 - 06:08 PM

Who said there would be no e-start?

No e-start in that pic, hence it is a mocked up YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • soco3594

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Isn't the starter motor on the left hand side on the Yamahas? Either way it's clearly not a photo so it's either a photoshop job (likely) or a CGI impression from Yamaha, in which case it would have been built from the YZ450f and you could forgive the odd oversight (especially if its only a concept impression).

Here's to hoping it bears some truth though because I'm hanging out for them to bring out a new WR. The way I see it I'm buying a KTM or Berg next, unless Yamaha and Honda bring out new models with EFI for 2012. Then it will be really hard to chose...

• WR450FGreg

Posted June 30, 2011 - 10:56 PM

I find it interesting that Yamaha has pictures of all the 2012 models but the WR 450 has no pic out yet! What are they waiting for?

I guess their graphics department haven't come up with the new stickers (again) for next year!
That's all I'm expecting to see.

Greg

• off_road_4_me

Posted July 02, 2011 - 06:55 AM

I guess their graphics department haven't come up with the new stickers (again) for next year!
That's all I'm expecting to see.

Greg

I expect this, or for it to be discontinued.

• woodsk

Posted July 02, 2011 - 01:23 PM

I expect this, or for it to be discontinued.

I really would not be surprised if the WR line was discontinued.

• soco3594

Posted July 03, 2011 - 04:30 PM

It won't be discontinued. Not sure about the rest of the world, but the WR450F is still the best selling enduro bike in Australia.

• hm450

Posted July 04, 2011 - 07:32 AM

It won't be discontinued. Not sure about the rest of the world, but the WR450F is still the best selling enduro bike in Australia.

In Europe, this bike is over...some companies (Italians) license plate '10 & '11 YZF 450 for 1200€, but of course no e-start, and expensive if you need some modifications, like wide ratio...450 KTM is our best selling

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 04, 2011 - 09:38 AM

Isn't the starter motor on the left hand side on the Yamahas? Either way it's clearly not a photo so it's either a photoshop job (likely) or a CGI impression from Yamaha, in which case it would have been built from the YZ450f and you could forgive the odd oversight (especially if its only a concept impression).

Here's to hoping it bears some truth though because I'm hanging out for them to bring out a new WR. The way I see it I'm buying a KTM or Berg next, unless Yamaha and Honda bring out new models with EFI for 2012. Then it will be really hard to chose...

I have an 05, that is plated. Its also top heavy, tall... but... bullet proof!

that being said, my next bike to replace my wr450 may be the beta 450. Its hard to ignore the slightly lower seat height

• baha

Posted July 04, 2011 - 09:42 AM

Not even a thought process with out a plate.

• soco3594

Posted July 04, 2011 - 02:06 PM

In Europe, this bike is over...some companies (Italians) license plate '10 & '11 YZF 450 for 1200€, but of course no e-start, and expensive if you need some modifications, like wide ratio...450 KTM is our best selling

Interesting. For some reason people are scared of European bikes in Australia. They're convinced that they're unreliable and there is more objection than support for EFI.

The CRF and the WR are good solid bikes but the europeans are a long way ahead in terms of development.

I know if I had the money I would be riding a 2012 450EXC...

• WR450FGreg

Posted July 04, 2011 - 02:46 PM

I think it might actually still be the best selling motorcycle in Australia.
(Ignoring the thousands of "special" Honda postal bikes that Australia Post buys each year.)

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.