Starter problem

3 replies to this topic
  • SoCA_DRZ

Posted June 27, 2011 - 08:39 AM

I'm having an issue with the electric starter. Not the normal screeching noise, I serviced it awhile ago and fixed that. The issue I'm having is that every once in awhile when I push the button I get nothing. No clicking, no trying to spin, nothing. I checked the connections to the button and all seems good. When it does that, I just use the kick starter to start it and then I can use the button after that. Any advice on what to check? Maybe a relay or something gone bad? The weird part is that it works fine most of the time.

• bg10459

Posted June 27, 2011 - 08:48 AM

It souds like it could be the switch. The kill switch is the same, so all you would have to do is swap the connectors behind the plate to test it. If that doesn't work, check all the connections under the seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Col Psoas

Posted June 27, 2011 - 09:08 AM

Just offhand it sounds like it might be a ground. I think the stuff under the seat is going to be a good place to take a look and make sure everything is tight

• Salinas_THumper

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:14 PM

I have an 05 and I was having a problem where the button would not do a thing, Replaced the battery and it starts like a charm now, the kickstarter always worked. I am putting it on the cheap $10 Harbor freight float charger while its in the garrage, well see how it goes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.