Does this sound like a float problem?

42 replies to this topic
  • ack1961

Posted July 20, 2011 - 08:24 AM

Contact SUDCO regarding details of any FCR carb. They are the importer.

SUDCO is where I purchased the pressed-in valve seat (that won't work with my model) and the float components. I also spoke to a tech there who told me that my valve seat is non-replaceable and the entire carb needs to be scrapped if the o-ring and/or valve seat is bad.

Edited by ack1961, July 20, 2011 - 09:27 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 20, 2011 - 03:09 PM

SUDCO is where I purchased the pressed-in valve seat (that won't work with my model) and the float components. I also spoke to a tech there who told me that my valve seat is non-replaceable and the entire carb needs to be scrapped if the o-ring and/or valve seat is bad.

Did you buy the bike used, with that carb?
Was it running?

Sounds like someone did the old switch-a-roo on you.

• ack1961

Posted July 21, 2011 - 03:59 AM

Did you buy the bike used, with that carb?
Was it running?

Sounds like someone did the old switch-a-roo on you.

No switch-a-roo. I had ridden this bike a couple of years ago and really liked it. The owner (a good friend of my brothers) hadn't been riding it, so he humped it from TX to NC (along with his bike) and we all went for a ride. As soon as he pulled it out of the trailer and started it up, it started dumping fuel out of the overflow. I had my backup bike with me, so I rode it.

We both thought it was a stuck/bad float. I bought it.
In hindsight, I wish I hadn't, but I really thought this was going to be a $40 clean & fix.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.