Smoking Exhaust....

4 replies to this topic
  • Themackattack

Posted June 25, 2011 - 04:44 PM

I know the Yz450s are known for the red header on start up, but my whole exhaust pipe smokes after it runs at idle for maybe 30-60 seconds. It smokes from my header and througout the exhaust system.

Is this common also? Or is this something else?

Thanks thumper talk

• Yamiryder

Posted June 25, 2011 - 06:17 PM

Did you spray something on your bike or was it wet?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto_ridah

Posted June 25, 2011 - 08:43 PM

My crf does that every so often, nothing to worry about. Could be residue from cleaning agents.

• ttr250dude

Posted June 30, 2011 - 09:42 AM

Yeah. You likely accidentally got some sort of bike cleaner or lubricant on there. Nothing to worry about if that is the case. It's fairly common for snowmobile guys to spray their exhaust pipe with WD-40 or equivalent to reduce rusting during summer months.

• jratcliffe3

Posted July 01, 2011 - 02:26 AM

Something on the pipe, nothing to worry about it. Mine tends to do it when I slack the pipe off and push it up/pull it back down when changing the oil filter with oily fingers. Or if you WD 40 your bike after washing it etc. Also it will burn any moisture off if your pipe has sat a bit damp.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.